Witty, loving and playful Lynda always had a twinkle in her eye and a magic to her you couldn't forget
She spent the past 3 decades building a family and was an utterly adored wife and mother. Her friends loved her and she was famous for making fun happen.
She was tragically diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer in March 2023 and after less than 4 months after her first symptom appeared, she died at home in July 2023.
Pancreatic Cancer is a cruel disease and its treatment has not advanced in decades. We encourage you to read these statistics to spread awareness:
- Pancreatic cancer is the 10th most common cancer with 10,449 people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in the UK in 2018.
- Pancreatic cancer is the 5th biggest cancer killer in the UK with 9,000 deaths every year.
- Pancreatic cancer has the lowest survival of all common cancers, with five-year survival less than 7%. Five-year survival of pancreatic cancer in the UK lags behind the rest of the world, with the UK ranking 29th out of 33 countries with comparable data.
- 80% (4 in 5) are diagnosed at stage three and stage four.
We wish to raise money to help find better treatments and cures for this dreadful disease that took away the light of our lives.
- £20.00 India
- £20.00 Anonymous
- Jessie & The Howes Family
- £25.00 Margaux
- £500.00 Ginny & Dai